A B O U T
An University That Dares To Be Different
Mount Sinai University values, cultivates, celebrates cultural, ethnic, religious, and academic diversity and is committed to strengthening the students' vision of honor, community, heritage, and scholarship through classroom experiences, curricular programs, and leadership initiatives.
The University welcomes all students and offers an intensive, rigorous competitive academic program exclusively for students diagnosed with a learning disability, ADHD, or autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The University provides extensive academic and student services to help students achieve academically, within an environment typical of that of a liberal arts university.
The A.A. (Associates of Arts) degree provides a broad learning experience, grounding students in the skills of the liberal arts, helping students to explore new fields, and encouraging a rigorous testing of perspectives, 60 Semester credits are required.
P R O C E S S
Applicants must meet two essential criteria:
1. Average to superior intellectual potentials AND
2. Diagnosis of a learning disability, ADHD, or ASD.
The Admission Process has three steps:
1. Complete and submit the University application and personal statement.
2. Ensure that all required records and recommendations are sent to and received by the University Office of Admissions.
3. Our Admission Committee reviews the complete application package and determines whether to:
Request further documentation
Invite applicant for an interview
Admit applicant directly to the program
Decline applicant's application